In third grade, students gain more ownership over the science and engineering practices as they carry out experiments to answer questions about the world around them and solve real-world problems.
Each homeschool science kit contains the following for each student:
- consumable materials for Units 1-9
- non-consumable materials forUnits 1-9
- one set of Student Lab Manuals for Units 1-9
Each teacher receives:
- 1-Year online subscription to the KnowAtom Interactive for teachers to access the teacher guides for each unit, student lab manuals, visuals, tools, read-aloud videos, templates, Spanish translations, training resources and more
- In Unit 1 Earth in Motion, students use the story of the Curiosity rover, which carries out experiments on the planet Mars, to explore how all matter in the universe is made up of atoms, has specific properties, and requires a force to change its motion.
- In Unit 2 Weather and Water, students use the migration patterns of monarch butterflies to explore seasons, weather conditions on Earth, and the flooding of the Mississippi River.
- In Unit 3 Life on Earth, students use two tropical biomes—the Sahara and the Amazon—to explore the interconnectedness of living things and their environment.
- In Unit 4 Life Cycles and Traits, students use the behavior and physical structures of honeybees to explore life cycles and heredity.
- In Unit 5 Energy in Motion, students use windmills to explore the relationships between energy, force, and motion.
- In Unit 6 Forces in Our Environment, students use tightropes and skyscrapers to explore how structures must be able to withstand all of the forces that act on them.
- In Unit 7 Magnetism and Electricity, students use lightning and the world’s strongest magnet to explore electric and magnetic forces.
- In Unit 8 Patterns in Sound, students use examples of different sounds—those within their body and the sounds of drumming—to explore how sound causes matter to vibrate and moves from a source outward.
- In Unit 9 Patterns in Light, students use rainbows to explore how light energy travels in a straight line and interacts with matter.
Adult Supervision Required at All Times.
ITEMS CONTAINED IN THIS KIT ARE NOT TOYS AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.
Contains parts made in China. Packaged in the USA.