In first grade, students become scientists and engineers as they explore different questions like scientists about the world around them and use their knowledge to solve real-world problems like engineers.
Each homeschool science kit contains the following for each student:
- consumable materials for Units 1-9
- non-consumable materials forUnits 1-9
- one set of Student Lab Manuals for Units 1-9
Each teacher receives:
- 1-Year online subscription to the KnowAtom Interactive for teachers to access the teacher guides for each unit, student lab manuals, visuals, tools, read-aloud videos, templates, Spanish translations, training resources and more
- *Optional Add-on: 1 microscope
Each scaffolding unit in this year-long kit is designed to take 1 month to complete:
- In Unit 1 Patterns in the Sky, students investigate patterns in the changing positions of the sun, moon, and stars in the sky.
- In Unit 2 Changing Seasons, students explore the relationship between Earth’s movement in the solar system and the changing seasons.
- In Unit 3 Seeds and Leaves, students explore living things, beginning with an investigation into the differences between living and nonliving things.
- In Unit 4 Animals on Earth, students analyze how animals have body parts that help them survive and grow.
- In Unit 5 Mimicking Plants and Animals, students explore how plants and animals have different body parts to help them get what they need to survive and grow.
- In Unit 6 Animal Behaviors, students investigate how animal parents help their offspring survive by analyzing protecting, feeding and comforting behaviors.
- In Unit 7 Hearing and Sound, students explore how some animals communicate using sound by experimenting with vibrating materials and musical instruments.
- In Unit 8 Sight and Light, students continue to learn about senses, exploring the cause-and-effect relationship between sight and light.
- In Unit 9 Communicating Over Distances, students apply sound and light concepts from Unit 8 to design a communication device that uses either light or sound signals to send a message over a long distance.
Adult Supervision Required at All Times.
ITEMS CONTAINED IN THIS KIT ARE NOT TOYS AND ARE NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION.
Contains parts made in China. Packaged in the USA.